Good Member Rate Reduction Program
Not so good credit – No worries!
San Juan Credit Union offers two ways to lower your interest rate on a loan.
1. Available for all members whether or not you qualify for any of our other rate reductions available. Simply pay your loan according to your contractual terms (including keeping current insurance with the proper deductibles in place at all times) for one year. After one year of paying on your loan with no late payments, and no insurance penalties you are eligible to request a 2% interest rate reduction on your loan. You can request these interest rate reductions annually up until the time your loan is paid off or you have reached our lowest interest rate available at that time. Please contact a collections officer for more details.
2. At the time you obtain a loan you can get good member rate reductions (listed below) up to a maximum of 2% reduction in interest on your loan. Ask your loan officer how much of a reduction you are eligible for.
- No late payments and or insurance penalties ‘EVER’ on any previous San Juan Credit Union loan that you had for one year or more. This qualifies you for a .50% rate reduction.
- No late payments and/or insurance penalties on any loans you have had over the past five years with San Juan Credit Union qualifies you for .25%
- Use your Direct Deposit to make automatic payments to your loan. This qualifies you for a .25% reduction in your interest rate. (If you receive this reduction and you remove your payment from your direct deposit during the term of the loan your rate will increase by .25%)
- You maintain an active Checking (5+ transactions per month) account with San Juan Credit Union you can receive a .10% decrease in your interest rate.
- Maintain an active Christmas Club account that is currently being funded with no early withdrawal penalties and receive a .10% decrease.
- Maintain an active Annual Account with a minimum balance of $100 and no early withdrawal penalties for a .10% decrease.
- Have or maintain any other type of savings account with an average balance of $50 or more and receive an additional .10% decrease in your interest rate.
- Have an IRA with a balance of $100 or more and receive .25% reduction in interest.
- Purchase GAP or Mechanical Repair and get an additional .25% reduction in interest.