SECTION 3000 OPERATIONS – SUBSECTION 3010 – PRIVACY
San Juan Credit Union considers member privacy of utmost importance. Preserving member trust is a core value. San Juan Credit Union protects the information provided by members and uses that information responsibly.
Personal nonpublic information on a member is collected from the following sources:
- Information received from members on applications or other forms they complete-such as employment information, assets, and other such information;
- Information about member transactions with us, our service providers, or others, such as your account balances or payment history;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as the number of open credit accounts you have or information on delinquent credit accounts;
- Information we receive from other parties-such as work history obtained from an employer.
San Juan Credit Union will:
- At all times commit to protecting members’ privacy.
- Not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our member or former member to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- Or may disclose to business partners as permitted by law. Generally, that would be to more efficiently process the transactions and services that members may request. Our agreements with those business partners would require them to use member information responsibly and limit their ability to share member information with other parties.
- Secure member information to protect the member from unauthorized access to member information. We will protect member information from criminal use of their information.
- Restrict access to nonpublic personal information of members to those employees of the credit union who need to know that information to provide products or services to members.
- Maintain physical, and electronic safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect members’ nonpublic personal information.